Protective Stadium Tailgating Policies
How much does it cost to park for an event at Protective Stadium?
- $20 per space
- One space may be purchased per vehicle, a guest may not walk-up and purchase a parking spot nor can they arrive in one vehicle and purchase multiple spots.
- No savings parking spots for others
- Overnight parking is prohibited
- Parking lots close 90 minutes following the conclusion of the game
Is Re-Entry Allowed?
- No. Re-entry to the parking lot is prohibited.
Where can I set up my tailgate supplies?
- All items must be confined to the assigned parking space. Tailgating items may not impede the flow of traffic. A standard parking spot is 9’x16’
- Box trucks, trailers, grill in-tow or any catering service from an outside source are not permitted in parking lots.
What can I bring with me to tailgate?
- Canopies –must fit inside the purchased parking space (recommended size: 8’x8’)
- Grill – gas only. Charcoal grills are not permitted
- Sound System –sound levels must be respectful to fellow tailgaters; direct speakers towards your vehicle; DJ’s are prohibited
- TV – Yes but within the allotted space
- Fryers – No, fryers are prohibited
- Animals – Pets are not permitted.
- Oversized vehicles – No, all vehicles must fit inside the allotted space (i.e. RVs)
- Banners & Flags – Yes, but must be mindful of the stadium’s prohibited items policy
- Generators – Yes, small quiet generators are permitted but are subject to review by the Fire Marshal and BJCC personnel
- Please do not use glass containers. All drinks should be placed in plastic/disposable cups.
Are there public restrooms located close to the BJCC-controlled lots?
- Yes, portable toilets and hand sanitizing stations will be available in each BJCC-controlled lot
Is there ADA parking?
- ADA parking spaces are available in all BJCC-controlled lots on a first-come, first-serve basis
When can I access the parking lots to tailgate?
- Six (6) hours prior to kick-off
- No overnight parking, all vehicles must vacate the complex no later than 90 minutes post-game; vehicles left onsite will be towed at the owner’s expense.
How do I dispose of my trash at the end of my tailgate?
- Bring trash bags with you to dispose of trash. Neatly tied trash bags can be left at your tailgate area or taken to dumpsters located throughout the parking lot areas. Please refrain from leaving loose trash and litter in the parking areas.
Alcohol at the BJCC
- Public intoxication and alcohol impaired behavior will be addressed by law enforcement.
- Fights and threatening behavior against other fans will also be addressed by law enforcement.
- Playing of games that involve the consumption of alcohol or use of alcohol-related paraphernalia are prohibited.
- Use of controlled substances and underage drinking are against the law.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages in tailgating areas after kick-off is prohibited.
- As of September 2015, the Uptown Entertainment District has been governed by rules and regulations to define on-premise consumption of alcoholic beverages within the boundaries of the Entertainment District. The boundaries of the Entertainment District will be clearly defined with approved signage and markings and licensed premises within the District must comply with all laws of the Alabama Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) Board, including the prohibition against the sale of alcohol to minors. For full rules and regulations on the Uptown Entertainment District, please visit BJCC.org.
Selling of items or soliciting of any promotional, merchandise or marketing activities are prohibited.
Tailgate areas are for tailgating only Organized, large-scale parties are strictly prohibited. Examples of organized, large-scale parties include, but are not limited to: tents larger than 10’x 10′; rental furniture, on-site catered food; fencing; reserved space; amplified sound; commercial grills, corporate or commercially sponsored parties.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE GUIDELINES, ALONG WITH ALL APPLICABLE CITY, STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS, STADIUM OR EVENT POLICIES MAY RESULT IN CITATION OR ARREST AS WELL AS LOSS OF TAILGATING PRIVILEGES AND/OR GAME TICKETS.